It has been one week, working with Sara from Sara wellness, who is a wellness and health coach based in the UK. I reached out to her a couple of weeks ago and asked if she would be willing to coach me and also be willing to let me post the videos of our conversation online. She was willing to do that, hurray! I guess that for her it is a wonderful opportunity to get more exposure and for me it’s a wonderful opportunity to get some guidance in my health journey and also to be kept accountable!
We have already had two conversations where in the first one we just got to know each other a little bit and I explained my vision for this project and the last conversation we had was my first coaching session.
Here is my notes from my first session of health coaching with Sarah at Sarah wellness:
- Start doing yoga at home with YouTube
- Add some positive affirmations about home cooking and moving the body to my meditation and self hypnosis practice
- Keep a food journal in simple terms until next session with Sarah
What I’m feeling right now:
- lucky, grateful, flowing
We agreed that I will incorporate affirmations with my new goals in to my self-hypnosis practice:
Non-intrusive affirmations for appreciating cooking:
- Cooking is a great act of self love.
- I love my body and I want to feed it with beautiful food.
- Cooking is a lovely family activity.
And these are the affirmations for physical activity:
- Moving my body is a wonderful act of self love.
- If I move my body, my body will thank me for it.
I’m feeling pretty goddamn excited about this but also very scared. I will not go into more details about that, because what I really want to do with this post is to talk a little bit about what I have been experiencing this week, because tomorrow it will be exactly one week since My chat with Sarah and and I did notice quite a few changes already, so hang on.
I must tell you; I am already noticing how effective this health coaching is. I have been doing yoga every day after my conversation with Sarah and I have also been cooking with love more frequently. These were the goals that we agreed on, but I feel it in my bones that I would not stick to it, if I did not know that soon I will meet with her again and she will ask me about my progress. Another layer of this is posting it online. Not only would Sarah know that I didn’t follow through, potentially the whole world would know. (Even though I know that nobody actually cares! But I do) Point of this: I can see myself making some drastic changes in my life just by having somebody guiding me along the way and keeping me accountable!
Tomorrow will be my second coaching session with Sarah, and now I am preparing well by collecting all my notes from this week’s efforts. I agreed to keep a food diary this week as well, so that’s Sarah can get an insight on how I nourish my body and if we need to make any changes there.
For particularly interested people, food and activity diary below:
Monday, 30th of April 2018
- Two spoons of my daughter’s porridge.
- Two or three dried sausage slices .
- A few sticks of paprika.
- Coffee with whole milk and lots of water.
- One avocado with a top spoon of mayonnaise and two spoons of a dried tomatoes and seed paste.
- Two spoons of leftover soup.
- Coffee without milk milk, full fat.
- Two spoons of that outlaw porridge and a small piece of paprika and a small piece of Apple while making dinner.
- stew with chicken, quinoa, onion, champion, butter and a little cream. one piece of tortilla filled up with this stew period
- Leftovers from today’s dinner and, again, some of that porridge. (lol)
Short and sweet.
Tuesday, 1st of May
- Some oatmeal porridge.
- Half a slice of polar bread with butter.
- One egg yolk.
- coffee with milk.
- Scrambled potatoes, veggies, eggs and cheese.
- some of yesterday’s leftovers.
- coffee with milk.
- One plate of fish tomatoes and potatoes also called bacalhau.
- Half an avocado.
- Unfortunately I forgot to write it down and therefore it is gone!
I will challenge myself more tomorrow by doing a longer video than this 6 minute yoga sequence, which I actually feel is a little bit short.
Wednesday, 2nd of May
- Oops! I forgot to write this down and therefore it is gone.
- One avocado.
- 6 pieces of dried sausage.
- Probably some coffee with milk.
- Cod fish with baked broccoli, onion, bacon and
- sweet potato mash on the side.
- Leftovers from dinner.
I like it. Will do same video tomorrow.
Thursday, 3rd of May
- Oatmeal porridge with Apple, butter and cinnamon.
- Coffee with milk
- Some pieces of Brie cheese,
- A few apple slices
- Half protein bar. (atkins)
- chicken breast with Wok vegetables and quinoa.
- Protein pudding made of milk.
I really like these videos with Adrienne. I think she’s very pleasant to listen to and she also explains the different yoga poses perfectly. I like this video but I wish she would spend a little bit more time on each pose. for me, just starting out, I need a long time to start to feel comfortable in each pose.
Friday, 4th of May
- two slices of brie
- a small glass of oatmeal milk
- two spoons of oatmeal and chia seed pudding.
- coffee with milk
- Fsh and vegetable burgers with scrambled eggs.
- Coffee with milk
- Chicken with egg vegetables and half an avocado.
- Dessert: chia and oatmeal pudding.
- Vegetable eggs and mayonnaise.
Bedtime Yoga – 20 Minute Calming & Relaxing Night Time Flow with YOGATX. I really like this yoga session and I will be continuing to use this for the following days. I can really notice that I need to work on flexibility in the areas that this video addresses so I think it’s smart to stick with this one until I can feel some progress.
Saturday, 5th of May
- oatmeal porridge.
- Sausages and eggs.
- Half avocado with hippie- tomato
- Meatballs in tomato sauce, potatoes, vegetables and garlic cloves.
- A little handful of dried banana chips and dried cranberries.
- A few spoons of oatmeal porridge.
Today we bicycled 12km together as a family. and I also think it is worth mentioning that I got myself a new bicycle this week with the intention of being more active! Yay! I didn’t do yoga today.